Tuesday, July 9, 2013

El Tuma Nicaragua

Well its been a few weeks since we have returned form El Tuma. We had a great time. When we got to Nicaragua we meet a guy named Moses, he was a funny guy and a hard worker,  he reminded me a lot of my dad. They are both truck drivers,  have about the same build physcially, and are around the same age. Little did I know the plan God had for me there, I will get back to that in second.  Our first night there I was so tired that I don't even remember getting off the bus. When they took us to our rooms, we stayed at an old orphanage, we saw that we had bunk beds and I saw that there was no air conditioner.  I went for a top bunk because they had fans on the walls and I fell right to sleep. Around 530 that morning I decided to flip over and when I did I fell through, now the guy that was in the bottom bunk had gotten up just a few minutes before I fell, and I landed on my feet. I went ahead a stayed up and read my Bible a little and then got ready for  the day.  Later that day I was trying to get in the room and I broke the door handle, I was felt pretty bad at this point for breaking so much. I was told through its really common for things to break there. Well fast forward to the first church service,  Pastor Glenda, and Pastor Reed preached.  Pastor Reed is very bold in her way of preaching, which I think is awesome, and she heard from God and called me up to give my testimony. I was nervous even though I had told my testimony many times,  my flesh got in the way and for a moment I almost didn't tell because I was afraid people there would not accept me after they heard what I had done.  I went on and told my testimony of how before Jesus I was a bad man and how I use to beat my wife. Then I told them how my wife left me and for 40 days I struggled with demons, but thankfully I had a coworker that invited me to church and I went gave my life back to Jesus and git my family back and we are all serving God now.  The next night Pastor Carole taught, then she did alter call and several people came up including Moses. I went up to help pray for people as I prayed for a few I felt the Holy Ghost pulling to go and lift up the hands of Moses, I got over there and lifted one arm and told my brother in Christ to get the other one.  When we did that Moses went out in the spirit, when he got back up I felt lead to hug him and we hugged for a minute or so.  The next morning at breakfast Moses shared how at service when we came over and held his arms up he had never done that before and when I hugged him he felt love like love from a father. Moses is 49 years old and had never felt a father's love,  that was sad to me.  Most of the kids there grow up without ever knowing their dads. I thought it was awesome at the same time that God used me a guy young enough to be Moses' son to give him a hug from the Father. The rest of the week we spent playing with kids and doing dome work on the church.  I got to spend slot of time with Moses and some others while getting supplies during the week.  Overall even though it wasn't all sunshine and rainbows it was a good time and the Lords work was done. I will never forget El Tuma Nicaragua or the people God put in my life there. I will try to post some pictures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment